The Greater Washington D.C. Chapter of the Internet Society is the official title of Internet Society's US Washington DC Chapter, usually abbreviated to ISOC-DC.
ISOC-DC is a membership organization, incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit, that seeks to further the mission of the Internet Society (ISOC) in the District-Maryland-Northern Virginia metropolitan area by serving as a hub for discussion, education, and action.
ISOC-DC's guiding principle is that Chapter shall be governed and operated at all times in a manner that will foster a decentralized structure that leverages the expertise, energy, and participation of the Chapter’s membership, and seeks to minimize topdown centralized governance of the Chapter
ISOC-DC's website can be found at https://isoc-dc.org
- Go to the ISOC Portal and join the global Internet Society. You will need to confirm your email address.
- Login at the portal, and apply to join the US Washington DC Chapter.
- Your membership will be confirmed by the Chapter Admin.
- You do not have to be local to join. A good portion of our membership is international.
- However, only Greater Washington residents are eligible to run or vote in elections, vote in AGMs.
- Currently, membership is free. No dues are collected.
ISOC-DC's Bylaws can be found at this link
- see Council
- Heather Diaz (Secretary)
- Steven Williams (Co-convenor)
- Chelsea Horne (Co-convenor)
- Jon Conradt (Treasurer)
- Judith Hellerstein (Chapter Advisory Council Rep)
- Joly MacFie (Acting Admin)