2023-11-19 Council Call Notes
The November 19 2023 meeting of the ISOC DC Council
Joly MacFie, Cynthia Pace, Jon Conradt, Heather Diaz, Mike Godwin, Stephen Williams, Chelsea Horne, Tyrell Junius, Dustin Loup, Khaled Koubaa, Judith Hellerstein
Draft Agenda 1. Introductions 2. Appoint Secretary. 3. Appoint Co-convenors 4. Appoint Treasurer. 5. Finance report 6. PO Box 7. Schedule next election and AGM. 8. Whither IGF-USA? 9. Schedule F2F social? 10. AoB.
- Meeting chair: Heather Diaz
2. Appoint Secretary.
- APPOINTED Heather Diaz
3. Appoint Co-convenors
- APPOINTED Stephen Williams
- APPOINTED Chelsea Horne
4. Appoint treasurer
- APPOINTED Jon Conradt
5. Finance report
- Details not available immediately
- $10k+ ISOC-DC
- $20K+ IGF-USA
- $3k admin money coming from ISOC for 2024
- Would like to change from PNC to another bank.
6. PO Box
- ACTION Dustin will coordinate with Beth this week
- ACTION Dustin will also meet with Jon (+ Heather) for bank business
7. Schedule next election and AGM.
- Feb 13 AGM
- Election: start EoI 2nd week Jan
- ACTION Joly to admin election + run hybrid AV for AGM
- ACTION Chelsea look for room at AU
8. Whither IGF-USA?
- ISOC-DC is longstanding institutional home
- ISOC-DC Project with independent structure
- No formal fiscal sponsorship ?
- Separate steering committee, documentation, bank account
- NRI status within UN
- Budget 60-70k
- Some NRI-specific funding available from ISOC Foundation
- MOTION Support IGF USA in 2024 + form a steering Committee = Unanimous
9. Schedule F2F social
- ACTION Doodle - Mid Dec
- MOTION $5k to pay for SOTN Livestream = Unanimous
- Funded by ISOC Foundation Small Grant
- ChAC Rep - Judith Hellerstein continues.
- ACTION Form Bylaw reform committee
- Mike Godwin
- Joly MacFie